How to save fuel
How to save fuel. How to reduce fuel consumption.
Reduce fuel consumption
- Take the bus / train
- Ride bicycle
- Live close to work
- Work from home
- Buy a car with low fuel consumption
- Buy hybrid car
- Avoid high acceleration / deceleration driving.
- When driving look ahead to avoid unnecessary accelerations and decelerations.
- Avoid driving with high motor RPM.
- Drive with highest gear possible.
- Reduce baggage weight
- Close the car's windows
- Avoid driving during rush hour.
- Avoid unnecessary car driving.
- Avoid car engine idling
- Keep tires with optimal air pressure.
- Maintain your car on time.
- Plan your driving route to minimize the distance.
- Wear thick clothes to keep warm
- Wear light clothes to keep cool
- Prefer gas heating to wood burning stove
- Prefer A/C heating to electric/gas/wood heating