How to save energy
How to save energy consumption. How to save electricity and fuel.
Reduce fuel consumption
- Take the bus / train
- Ride bicycle
- Live close to work
- Work from home
- Buy a car with low fuel consumption
- Buy hybrid car
- Avoid high acceleration / deceleration driving.
- When driving look ahead to avoid unnecessary accelerations and decelerations.
- Avoid driving with high motor RPM.
- Drive with highest gear possible.
- Reduce baggage weight
- Close the car's windows
- Avoid driving during rush hour.
- Avoid unnecessary car driving.
- Avoid car engine idling
- Keep tires with optimal air pressure.
- Maintain your car on time.
- Plan your driving route to minimize the distance.
- Prefer gas heating to wood burning stove
Reduce electricity consumption
- Install solar panels on your roof to generate electricity.
- Install solar water heater system.
- Insulate your house.
- Install window shutters.
- Install double glazing windows.
- Use Energy Star qualified appliances.
- Buy appliances with low power consumption.
- Check the temperature insulation of your house.
- Turn off appliances and gadgets that are in stand by state.
- Prefer A/C heating to electric/gas/wood heating
- Prefer fan to A/C
- Set air conditioner's thermostat to moderate temperature.
- Use air conditioner heating instead of electric heater
- Use air conditioner locally in the room instead of the whole house.
- Avoid opening frequently the refrigerator door.
- Leave enough space between the refrigerator and the wall to allow ventilation.
- Turn off the light when you leave the room.
- Install presence detector to turn lighting off when leaving the room.
- Use low power light bulbs.
- Wash your clothes in cold water.
- Use shorter washing machine program.
- Fill the washing machine / dryer / dishwasher before operation.
- Wear clothes that fit the current temperature.
- Wear thick clothes to keep warm
- Wear light clothes to keep cool
- Use the stairs instead of elevator.
- Set PC energy saving features
- Use laundry hanger instead of electric dryer.
- Go to sleep early.
- Use sunlight instead of artificial light.
- Buy LCD/LED TV instead of plasma.
- Prefer LED light over incandescent light bulbs.
- Disconnect electrical charger when it finished charging.
- Prefer microwave oven over toaster oven
Write how to improve this page