There are 2 ways to save the text
- The text is saved every time you close the Notepad tab, in the browser's local cache. When you enter again to the Notepad page, the text will reapear.
- The text is saved/backuped to the hard drive when you press the Save button. To reopen the text from the hard drive, press the Open button and select the text file that you created.
- If the previous session's text is missing:
- If text exists, select and copy it with Ctrl+C and paste it with Ctrl+V in the Notepad page:
- Copy text from updated text file that was generated by Auto save operation to the Download folder (if exist).
- Check if you are looking at the same computer that you used previously.
- Enable browser cookies and history.
- Do not use browser's private/incognito mode. The text local storage will be deleted by the browser when you close the browser's window.
- Try to add/remove the www from the URL in the browser's address bar.
- The Notepad's text will not be saved with incognito/private mode browsing !!!
- The saved Notpad's text might be deleted when you delete your browsing history/cache or run disk cleaning application (E.g. Windows Disk cleanup / CCleaner) !!!
- If file Open button does not work, please reload the page and try again.
- Use Notepad with updated browser version. If you use Internet Explorer, copy your text to a modern browser (e.g Chrome/Edge/Firefox).
- The notepad's text is auto saved to the browser's local cache (not safe).
- The notepad's text can be auto saved (backup) to the hard drive, according to the auto save duration in View > Preferences menu.
- You can backup the Notepad's text to the hard drive, using the Save button or menu File > Save.
- For Mac use ⌘ Command instead of Ctrl key.
- To open saved file, look for the file in the Downloads folder.
- If backgound lines do not scroll, hide the lines: uncheck menu View > Preferences > Text lines
- Save button or menu File > Save save the file to the Downloads folder. See: Where do files go when downloaded?
- If Text lines are not visible, please try to use Chrome browser.
- If the spell check is not working, try to enable it in your browser's Settings>Languages section. If not defined, you can also try to set English (United States) in your browser's language setting.
- To delete all the text, select all the text with Ctrl+A or menu Edit > Select All and press the Delete button.
Shortcut keys table
|clear the text area
|open text file from hard disk
|save text to current file in hard disk
|save text to new file in hard disk
|copy and delete selected text
|copy selected text
|paste text that was cut or copied
|Delete selected text
|Select all text
|undo last editing change
|do again editing change
|decrease font size
|increase font size
|Show this page
Write how to improve this page