Can people predict the future?
No one can predict the exact future. But everybody can predict
the future to some extent, because the brain is a natural estimator.
The brain holds a model of the present existing world.
The brain estimates the future model state by 2 major methods:
This method claims that every change that we grasp, will keep
changing in the same rate. Here are several examples:
- When share price in the stoke market went up 1$ today,
we will predict that tomorrow it will go up 1$ again.
- When we see a car that pass by at speed of 30MPH, we can
predict that it will keep moving at the same speed.
- When we see a car that accelerates at 1MPH/sec, we can
predict that it will keep on accelerating at the same rate.
This method estimates cyclic events
for future predictions.
- The sun will shine tomorrow morning, since it happened in
the past billion years.
- I will not go to work at Saturday.
- It will be warm at August.
All this is usually true for the short term, but for the long term we can be sure that these predictions
Is mind reading